.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

August 18, 2010

Shark Attack!


I stopped giving updates about my softball team, The Bad News Beers as the season got better and brighter. Had to miss 3 games during my journey east but we kept rolling on with convincing victories against every team in our league with exception of one....The Sharks.

In our first loss of the season they beat us by one run and several weeks later they beat us by two. Last night we faced off in the league championship game and lost for the 3rd and final time of the season 14-1...yeah, we were crushed. In all fairness though that was our second game of the night (as we had to play into the chamionship round) and the Sharkies were fresh and hungry (or thirsty if you will).

This was a season of so many firsts. First winning season, first playoff appearance, first title shot. It was really exciting and I look forward to Fall League. The loss was a real downer but I won't let it overshadow our amazing cinderella-like run. I suggested that it might just be time for us to change our team name/identity to simply, The Beers....no more bad news!

Probably won't be reporting too much about the team anymore. I've noted well our milestones. This space is more than a fan page for a B-Tier Co-ed Rec team in the SC mountains. If anything supercool happens I'll make note though. Otherwise, if you want the latest Beer info ask and I'll proudly tell. Maybe I'll even share some stories of that magical summer back in 2010.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home