.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

October 29, 2008

Victorious Beers


Well....we did win a game this season (on 10/12...the day I turned 34 and 3 quarters) but hey, that's the first win in franchise history (other than a forfeit). I was quite proud to be a part of it! When the game commenced, we partied like it was 1999 of course!

Our 2008 campaign is over now and I must admit I'm feeling somewhat melancholy (and oddly sore). Sure was a fun year (in spite of all that losing). Met a great group of folks and had a chance to wake this body up a bit. Between biking to work, playing ball and hucking disc badly I can feel the residual cardiovascular benefits of my lifestyle choices. I like this feeling!

As far my performance is concerned, I did well. Got better in the field and made left field mine (played every minute of every game in position during the fall league). Although I don't know my batting stats for certain I can guess that my on base % was somewhere between .700-.800 and my batting average somewhere between .400-.600. This season I became known as the guy who can hit homers in practice but not in games. My errors were way down but mistakes still happen of course. I won't be quitting the day job.

I hope in the off season I can stay healthy and in game-ready shape. I'm even considering a gym membership in order to gain the self discipline I need to exercise regularly but I don't really want to pay to be a part of those germ factories. Gonna try and get folks together for BP every now and again and maybe even start up the flag football again.....it sort of fizzled.

Thankful for the Bad News Beers and excited to start again in the spring! Go Beers...............

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Da beers. Yay, beers!

9:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home