.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

August 25, 2012

To Properly Commemorate....


I should have done this earlier because getting my first ace (a hole in one) was something I see at night in my dreams. Something I've wanted for a long time. It HAPPENED!

It was a beautiful afternoon at Santa Cruz's newest disc golf course, Bridge to Bridge. This, flat, linear 9-hole course runs along the edge of the San Lorenzo River. It's a short pitch and putt styled course meant for beginners, families and golfers who want to work on their game. 

The course is next to the County building and an odd thing happened. As I was playing hole one, a family of a dozen were walking toward the river. Turns out they were having an impromptu wedding ceremony. I stopped throwing because with my aim and luck I could have hit the bride! After 10 or so minutes it was safe to resume my round and that's exactly when it happened. A beautiful, solid, real ACE!!

I think maybe there was just some good energy left over from the ceremony. But then again, I was due. I wanted to go to the couple, thank them and let them know how lucky they are...but they probably know that already.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home