.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

December 21, 2009

Playoffs!?!

To all my subscribers, frequent viewers and to those of you who are simply auditing the course I probably should apologize for the minimal posts over the past several months but that's such a waste of an apology. I better save it up for something big.

The better part of my online time has been consumed with fantasy football but that will soon be coming to an end. Last night 'Insert Dick There' pretty much took down my team in the first round of the 2009 Ricos Roughnecks Fantasy Football League Playoffs. Oh, my team name, yeah it changed a lot throughout the season:

Los Craplasticos to El Craptacular to Candle of Evil to its most current incarnation, Tail on Fire. (I think I got 'em all)

I frankly had no business being in the playoffs as my team gathered 7 wins and 7 losses over the course of the regular season. I had the most points of any team but when it came to head-to-head matchups I struggled. One and done will just have to do.

Last year I captured the league title with the best record in league history (15-1). Those glorious days are over. Perhaps I've turned into a fantastical has-been. Maybe my time of glory poisoned me rotten. My gross investment of energy and time in frivolous pursuit has led to the only place it could go, nowhere. A more intelligent mind would question the worth of all this folly.

maybe

Yes, I realize this all means nothing to the rest of the world (aside from the 9 other people who participate and even some of them could give a shit.) Games are fun though and I had a great time with it. And I just thought you should know why I disappear sometimes.

(I'm still vying for the title in the Wicked Awesome IV Fantasy Football League where I stand to grab my first 'Golden Spatula'...isn't that just wonderful? I've had only one name in that league, 'The Craplastics')

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home