.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

November 29, 2009

gratitude/prescription


I'm absolutely enamored with the BBC's 'Planet Earth" collection...and I'm only on the 3rd DVD! I have an impression and also a question to present:

I think 'Planet Earth' is must see teevee for someone just about to off him(her)self! If I could legislate suicidal procedure It would be mandated that before you made that huge , final decision you must sit down and take in this masterpiece. After viewing, if you can't grasp how special, precious and fragile life is and if you aren't motivated to change your mind, you can proceed with your big plan.

...and my lingering question is about age. What age do you show a child (or adult) Planet Earth? The topic of lifecycles is thoroughly explored and although no scene is ultra-graphic in nature the collection itself includes many scenes where life takes life for the need of survival. These moments could be challenging for someone not ready to see it.

hmmmm.....not for little spirits anyway.

No one would get out of my biology class without a viewing....if I taught biology that is.

I'm quite thankful for this treasure. See it if you are older than 10, in or outside of a biology class and even if you do want to live!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love Planet Earth, too. We've got Life of Birds and Life of mammals on DVD. Maybe you should borrow them some time!

6:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home