.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

November 08, 2009

PB

A part time job I made of it this summer (and I suppose the fall too.) The beach season is coming to its close with the waning light of the post-daylight saving paradigm but that's certainly some deceptive thought. Even during the rainy season a pearl of a day can be found here and there and here.

Figure this year I had at least 30+ beach days where I slow roasted for at least two hours or more (often on the moreside.) What a retreat. I really beached it up this year and tried to appreciate my privilege thoroughly. In 14 years of being here I reckon I set a new seasonal record for myself... in disc golf we call that a personal best. So for an early thanksgiving wish I want to thank the sand at Seabright for taking good care of my soul. This year I got to enjoy that hot sand with many of those I love and care for. A wedding was planned, an intense wiffle ball championship played-out, a bottomless beer enjoyed and an endless playlist listened too. Fantasy Football teams were strategically crafted, naps were enjoyed, books read and day dream after day dream was fantasized.

Some would say such a waste and a dangerous waste at that. The SPF 0 didn't seem to help too much either. My soul sings though and for that it was all worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home