.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

July 17, 2009

extraordinary visitor

Last summer I recall a dragonfly that would buzz around the yard after lunch. The children loved playing chase games with it. These days the dragonfly is back! Curious, I checked to see what the lifespan of a dragonfly is. Some say they can live several years. It's plausible this dragonfly is indeed the same one but I thought that unlikely in a world that is sometimes dangerous and harsh.

I was imagining it to be some offspring whose genetic code has been mutated, through pleasure, to come and play chase with the children when the summer wind blows. I like this conclusion better.

I was the only one who knew, or thought about this til now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home