.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

December 27, 2008

ibeeon

...island time bra!

...and the livin' is easy! Dabee threw a show together in Cambridge last night and it became a randolphian reunion event thanks to the social networking power of the cult. Supertimes and a fabulous show indeed. Of course his originals were truly something special but his encore covers blew the roof off the mutterhucking hizza! Sang probably the best X-mas song I ever heard called 'River' and then got nuts with a rendition of 'Dick in a Box'. His homeboy from SF assisted on the uke and Jason led it off. I couldn't even stop loving it!!

After the show there were enough of us that I threw a spontaneous, impromptu Candlepin Tournament together at Boston Bowl. Boys vs. Girls. NTL killed everyone and his wife took the women's division. I sucked donkey kong but had a blast nevertheless. Dabee says we lost our mojo!

Ended the night at some cheesey chinese place that had this killer funk/soul band and the keyboardist was a ringer for Paul "Slappy Jo White" Barra!

Really ended the night @ Laura Ann's pad where she played DJ and everyone talked too loud. I had to cut myself off from the last night cap.

Such a soulful morning as I rose too early and waited too long for the 238 to swing me through the south shore time/space continuum. I'm under-slept and perfectly satisfied right now. Contentedness is a beautiful gift one couldn't fit under the pole.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in on your blog...it's been a while!

I don't remember playing DJ at my house. I tend to be forgetful.

Oh, and I finally know who you mean when you say Dabee....never understood that before. Figured he was some dude you know from SC.

Oh, and my middle name has an "e" on the end of it!

That's all for now.

;-)

Laura Anne

12:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home