.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

November 17, 2006

The Cusp of Bad Decision




....or dumb, and dumber, and dumberer, and dumbererer, etc.

PS3 Frenzy rocks the nation and casbah. In connecticut a bloke is shot by armed thugs as he leaves the box store with his. In fresno a riot errupts as a dumb ass best buy employee announces to a mob where the line starts. People who look like me camp in tents, fry hot dogs, and drink their beverages from plastic cups as not to draw attention to themselves........all in hopes of scoring, for $600, a 60 gig play tool that hosts a virtual world and playground that is almost as vivid as life itself.

So that's about other people's bad decisions but the cusp belongs to I.

A year and change ago I inherited a broke down PS2, and because I'm silly and stupid enough, I went online and learned how to fix it and I kind of did! For all of those who don't know PS2 comes with a super quirk where the laser table can be manually adjusted so that it can be easily tweaked if the laser allignment is thrown off.....however most people don't know this and when their gamemachine throws a "disc read error" they either send it away to be fixed for $50 or send it to the landfill when all they had to do is void the warranty, open the back and twist the dial.

At first it worked flawlessly....a perfect start everytime. I considered at that point in starting a side venture where I buy up broken PS2's....twist the dial....and resell them real cheap. That would have been dumbererererer.

Over time the laser read kept slipping and needed regular adjustment but a year later this stupid thing hardly starts. It takes a good half hour to get it going if it gets going at all and because I enjoy playing simulated digital football in my spare time I'll sit there and jump through stupid hoops till John Madden tells me, "this is the move that might send your team over the top."

So here I am.

I know now there is something hotter and newer I will most probably be able to replace this sophisticated crack dispenser at a real cheap price.....maybe even $50. Do I dare though? This is a great opportunity to kick the habit....and I'm not talking about nun violence.

So here I am?

BTW- One PS3 just sold on ebay for $9100.......being in line might not be the dumbest decision after all

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't do it! Kick the habit! You could write the great American novel instead...

6:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started camping next to the circuit city in hudson new hampshire.
I was there for three days before I realized I was in line for some game console. I just thought they were there to camp and drink. I had to leave after I asked them what a ps3 was, cuz I thought they were never gonna stop laughing. But it was a great experience. I'll never forget Sully, and Joey, and Joe Sullivan.

9:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home