.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

January 11, 2013

Losing All Touch


My wife and I stopped at Big 5 yesterday for sneakers (she didn't find any she liked) and I noticed a sign on the front door announcing that customers would be limited to no more than 5 boxes of ammunition per customer due to the high volume of sales in recent weeks. 

When we were checking out (I found a gift for my father) I told my wife about the sign I read on the front door. The boyish looking man behind me, holding his 5 boxes nodded and said that sales had been this way since the Mayan apocalypse scare. The guy in front of me with his 5 boxes said the potential gun reform laws had caused a run not only ammunition, but guns too. The guy in front of him with his 5 boxes agreed and said he was having trouble getting a rifle he wanted that was on back order. The guy at the front of the line was really holding us all up because the clerk was doing a price check on his 5 boxes. 

This happened yesterday in Capitola, CA....and probably everywhere else red, purple and blue.

I thought the massacres would somehow, in someway challenge the people of our nation to do something about this nightmare that repeats itself routinely now but instead, the fear of reform is inciting a frenzied hysteria to build up the family arsenal before the opportunity is lost. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home