.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

April 22, 2010

Earth Day Meditation

Upon much reflection I think I understand the single way to solve the dilemena of 'The Great Pacific Garbage Patch' within the North Pacific Gyre. (Aren't I so simple and brilliant at the same freakin' time....where's my Nobel already?)

Being in international waters, the plastic waste zone is nobody's responsibility...or everybody's responsibility if you will. The point is that no one would be really willing to address a solution to the catastrophe unless there was some financial gain/motivation. Altruism won't be enough as the cost of this 'clean-up' will be astronomical.

So the idea is to re-purpose the nurdles! There must be some fantastic way to use these refined plastic pellets which exist in super abundance. If we lock on to an idea that makes the mining and hauling of this waste lucrative, that dead zone will disappear in no time at all and will stand as the greatest habitat restoration project in the history of our animal.

How bout that?

What...you want me to think of what to do with the nurdles?!? I have to think fantastically?!? Hmmmmmm, more meditating i guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home