.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

March 28, 2010

Someday I will wear sneakers

K.I.T.T.: Ben, what are you doing?

Rainman: Well, I would say that I'm just drifting. Here in the pool.

K.I.T.T.: Why?

Rainman: Well, it's very comfortable just to drift here.

9 of 9 blisters sealed by firm and sacred scab for 7 full days now (new sabermetrics!) Yes, you freakin' know it!, my suspension is officially lifted (although with some restrictions.) Still can't wear sneakers or cleats, however, my search for wearable footwear which allow me to enjoy life finally ended thursday evening. Purchased a pair of water sandals made of neoprene with rubber soles. I have since attended Michael's kickboe class (the real test), threw an 18 hole round at Dela and played in today's throttling loss to Monty's Log Cabin (17-6). I went 3 for 3 with three well hit singles. Couldn't run well (and looked ridiculous) in my ninja-styled shoes but that didn't matter much....the point is I'm back! I can be me and do all of my activities once again...and once again the world is righteous!

Beach Day VIII was phenomenal! Didn't hit the sands till 3ish but it was an ideal session indeed. KB was in attendance and I must say he has developed quite an affinity for the 'spot under the peace flag.' Enjoyed hot sands, cold beers, and, of course, the amazing and lovely sea birds.

I need to stop drifting soon.

The ranger never showed on Beach Day VIII and I almost felt like a free American...welcome to enjoy my day responsibly. How 'bout that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home