.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

October 07, 2007

human-powered circumnavigation controversy


The attempt to power oneself around the planet is and or has been attempted by no less than 4 people. The first two humans to achieve such a feat are trying to qualify their journies with Guiness but it is unclear whether either attempt will be recognized. Check out the controversey:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-traveler7oct07,0,7772799,full.story?coll=la-home-center

http://www.angusadventures.com/circumnavigations.html

Wow...how cool is this? The latest attempt took no less than 13 years and the quickest controversial attempt, 720 days. This is amazing to me....people even trying!

If I were to start all over again out of Randolph this would have been a good challenge for me. I still could try to do it but I think I would have to start really soon.

They are racing to see who can do it the fastest....I wonder if there is anyone out there trying to do it the slowest?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home