.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

August 21, 2007


I’m not an animal fighter or necessarily even a lover. I eat fishmeat regularly and kill mosquitoes whenever I get a chance. For the most part though I respect life and I’m thankful that most species get a chance to exist on this sphere with exception to most of the parasites (I’m sure some are here to save us from ourselves though).

Look, I understand what M. Vick did was wrong and that people shouldn’t be fighting animals for sport, however, most of us eat meat and in many circumstances no less than 4 different animals are slaughtered each day just to give each one of us the meat we think we personally deserve during any 24 hour period. So hypocrisy stinks!

The next part is hard because I know it sounds wrong and yet I see it right.

Certain breeds of dog are bred to fight….to fight to death if allowed. Some of these dogs, in vain, are trying to be domesticated by well intentioned dog lovers. Sometimes the dogs behave well until they maul off the face of a child or kill something as large as a human adult. Some breeds of dog just aren’t right!

If a greedy human wants to participate in the act of taking some of these mad or simply misunderstood dogs off the spiraling orb I can’t say I’m sad about it. I’m certainly not gonna try and stop them. I think I said my peace on this issue….and yes, I’m instantly ashamed of myself for this rant!

1 Comments:

Blogger turbonephew said...

I don't think you should be ass hamed. I mean ashamed.
Dog were once a natural occurring mammal. No more. Now they are bred into increasingly less than natural species.
I'm pretty sure nature didn't intend for bulldogs to happen. In fact, if a bulldog was left on his own in the wild, it wouldn't survive. I'm sure the same is true for a lot of other breeds. mini chuwawa?

I like this point you are making about some dogs were meant to fight. like some dogs were meant to just point toward the dead duck. and some dogs were just meant to look out the window and bark when something shows at the door. (Jack)

7:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home