.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

October 24, 2005

Messing With Fire




I've received my second notice and I have yet to respond. Surely there will be repercussions!

I'm evading my civic responsibility to serve on a jury of my peers. I know this ain't smart and to be truthful I am quite nervous about the whole thing. I'm so worked up I googled jury duty to see if I could find a site that tells about the real punishment for delinquency. On the card they say I could be found in contempt of court, fined and sent to the slammer. One web site said I'll most likely be fined a hundred-something bucks (shit, again!) It will go down on my PERMANENT RECORD!!!!!!

So why all this...well I really don't have time. Who does? I work from 9-6 with the little spirits each day and I don't want to take sick time or vacation time to waste my time in court. I'm also unsure if I would make a good juror....and let's face it, I'm just trying to do the best I can do. I'm uncertain I could listen or pay attention in such an environment. I'm afraid my mind would wander under the door crack and through the X-ray scanner and right out the door of the courthouse. I'm also very biased about our systems of injustice.

So law enforcement, I'm sorry....this isn't the right time or the right place in my life to do this stuff. Leave me alone for now....check back with me when I'm 80, I'm sure I will be a great juror by then and hopefully I will have plenty of time to waste. In the meantime don't send me to jail or fine me or anything like that. I'm not really part of your problem....I just work for a living.

3 Comments:

Blogger el Craplastico said...

I should of signed it thundercrap.

11:27:00 AM  
Blogger el Craplastico said...

I should have signed it whiningbrat.

8:37:00 AM  
Blogger el Craplastico said...

I'm reflecting about the cummulative nature of so many of my posts. I've got this weird thing going on about law enforcement, power, power-over, stuff beyond my immediate control. I'm using this place as a sarcastic outlet outpost to make fun of the universal power structure that bears upon me/us. I'm starting to see a pattern to these rants. Am I whinning too much? Am I being to silly about all of this stupid stuff? Ah, what am I asking you for...I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do whenever the hell I'm gonna do it.

11:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home