.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

March 09, 2016

Cross it!


The family went to the 100th birthday festivities honoring the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf more than a year back and I snapped these pics of a re-visioned wharf of the future that I suspect may never be built or get past visioning....but hey, they made this awesome model anyway.

I snapped these pics because I was truly inspired by what they represent. After thinking about them for more than a year I'm even more inspired now. I think a lot about the ferry, and where it will go. I imagine riding on it across the bay sometimes.....taking a day trip to Monterey, or going to dinner in Moss Landing. I dream sometimes even of being the captain of this fantastic vessel (even though I have no nautical skills or capabilities). I have time to dream about these things.

I keep wondering why it's not happening. Is it the politics? Is it for the sanctity of the marine sanctuary? Is it waiting for someone with vision and bucks to make it happen? Do they think it's just easier to drive around the bay....why cross it? Why cross it? Hmmmmm.

I'm pro-ferry!


1 Comments:

Blogger el Craplastico said...

BTW- I'm not all that and then some about all the nondescript buildings and all those cars that look pretty much the same. It's all about the ferry yo!

8:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home