.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

May 03, 2009

6 to go?


I sure hope. Anyway I used one yesterday. So I was saying how I have the course all to myself...I still do but the privilege proved near fatal yesterday.

Got to hole 11 and I was rockin' the ipod but decided to turn it off so I could listen to hear if a couple of other early bird friends were a few holes ahead. I saw their cars in the lot. The magic of the singing birds stopped me from wanting to listen to any more music. Wow, the birds were so alive and playing yesterday!

So I tee off (a horribly shanked hyzer cut to the left side...so pathetic) and begin walking down the fairway. I get 150ft when I hear it. CRACK,CRACK,CRACK,CRAAAAAACK. With the recent rains, the dead wood has swelled and right above me a widow maker was coming down. Did the only thing I could; without looking up I sprinted from the scene until I heard the wood crash down....and it did, right where I was walking. Had I been listening to the music on my shuffle I probably wouldn't have heard it in time.

Pretty sure dead grandparents had my back.

Caught my breath, gave thanks and praise to be alive on planet earth and then launched a very decent side-armed approach shot that I could appreciate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh shit! I'm so glad those birds were there to lure you away from your mp3s!

10:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home