.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

August 07, 2008

Beach Chair Review


RIO Brand Backpack Chair
$30-$60 Retail

Should have got the top one but instead I purchased the bottom.

It was on sale this week and I'm in the market as I finally realized all my beach guests are refusing to sit in my old broken down ones. They served me well.

I like the idea of the backpack chair which is all the rage in SC this summer. I can truck it, and my shit, more safely on my bicycle. Promised not to do the hasty impulse buy but it was a sale and there was one left and well.....

So I say the top version because the bottom felt real nice in the store but on the sand I really noticed it's a generally slouchy chair. Was difficult to get comfy except in the most reclined setting. I'm guessing the tie ups held by the grommets resolve this issue. I will try to do a similar retro fit on mine and will report back.

I take leisure seriously!

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

We bought the top chairs 2 years ago at Costco and they are still going strong! The blue is pretty faded though...and I don't think they were $60 or else I would not have bought them.....!

4:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home