.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

March 04, 2007


Saw this wacked out one called Rainbow Bridge. It was a quasi-Jimi Hendrix movie because he was in it , kind of. The first hour and ten minutes features this crazy, psychedelic religious cult that lives in Hawaii They are trying to communicate with the, "space bros". Jimi comes to their compound to perform a concert.

The concert was kick ass! It was so windy they rubber-banded sheets of foam over the mikes.

My favorite part was the random surf sequences soundtracked over Jimi's guitar solos.

1 Comments:

Blogger el Craplastico said...

Apparently Jimi died not long after the movie was filmed. As incoherent as Rainbow Bridge is, Jimi's acting seals the deal....he was waaaaaaay out there. I could barely understand anything he was saying and I just assumed he was wicked baked.....but I guess he was really just near death.

As I credit the surf sequences I forgot to credit the surfing of David Nuuhiwa. Damn! This guy has all kinds of tricks that make me look at the pro-surfers of today as straight up hacks! This guy is insane! What happened to the golden age of surfing? Nuuhiwa surfed with style, grace, confidence (of course), but also with joy. Watching him just ride the waves made my heart feel good.

2:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home