.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

I am a goat-fish.

December 07, 2005

Not Going Postal


dare to struggle, dare to win

Well it had been brewing for quite a while and so it came as no shock to any of us, the news that our school will be closed come Junetime. Our preschool program will be discontinued and the building will be sold….and that’s that.

As this realization has been culminating for months and weeks I have meandered through Kubler-Ross’s stages grief and now I find myself relieved, joyful and even excited. I suppose if I had dependents I would be quite scared or if I was of the postal variety I would be mad as hell but this is really a blessing for me and I’m kind of surprised I’m feeling this way…..but I do.

I liken it to a beautiful wave I’ve been riding. It’s fat with righteous curl. It has seemed unending. But every wave, great or funky, must finally bottom-out only to crash upon the shores, be it rocky or with sand. I’m finding my way on to a sandy shore and I am absolutely ready to paddle out once again and find one even fatter and dare I say more righteous.

One great occurrence I’ve noticed today is that everyone is being really nice to each other, to us. I like that. I’m savoring the kindness.

My empathy and solidarity is shared with the 30,000 GM workers also discovering their pink slips on this day. Like Bernstein sings, “Don’t let your heart get broken by this world.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home